Saturday, August 14, 2010

Chinese at Home

I thought that it would be nice to let you know about any products that I've tried from the store and really like. 

I was really in the mood for Chinese this week and this is what I prefer rather than take out.  If I was going out for Chinese, I would prefer PF Chang's and that doesn't happen often!  I was sceptical when I first tried the Wachai Ferry kit but it was suprisingly very good.  All you need is 1lb. of cut up chicken or pork and this kit to make a great dish.  We like the swt and sour chicken variety but they also make a spicy garlic chicken and cashew chicken.  It includes jasmine rice too which is a step up from your typical white rice.

Mr. Chung's egg rolls are the best frozen egg rolls I've tried too.  In fact, my husband says that he likes them better than restuarant ones.  I just put them on a stone dish to crisp them up well in the oven.

The Steamfresh sugar snap peas are so sweet and easy!  Just zap in the microwave in the bag and sprinkle with a little salt.  I usually find all of these things on sale or have coupons for them but even if I pay full price, I can make this meal for under $15 and it feeds 4 (or 6 if you are feeding children). 

No comments:

Post a Comment