Friday, August 27, 2010

Chicken Pot Pie

It's really ridiculous how easy Chicken Pot Pie can be.  Good thing too because it is such a great comfort food that is quick to make, cheap, and very satisfying.  I have a tip for you for your chicken.  I buy a large package of chicken tenders from Sam's.  I portion them out into 1 quart ziploc bags and freeze them in 1lb portions.  This way they thaw very quickly and I have exactly what I need for a recipe.  When my recipe calls for cooked chicken, such as the one below, I broil my chicken instead of boiling it.  I cover a cookie sheet with foil (easy cleanup - yea!) and lay my chicken strips out.  I lightly spray the chicken with cooking spray to prevent the chicken from drying out and season with salt and pepper.  I broil them on low for 11 minutes.  They turn out perfectly cooked and I don't have to deal with that white foamy stuff from boiling chicken!

Anyway, here's my super easy chicken pot pie!

Chicken Pot Pie

1lb chopped cooked chicken
1can mixed vegetables, drained
1 can cream of chicken
2 refrigerated pie crusts

Mix chicken, vegetables, and cream of chicken.  If you would like it creamier, you can add some sour cream too.  Place bottom pie crust in a pie pan, fill with mixture, and top with 2nd crust.  Bake at 350 for about 45 min.

No comments:

Post a Comment