Monday, January 31, 2011

NYC Day 4

This became a rest day...for obvious reasons!  I enjoyed staying at the hotel and relaxing.  We didn't head out until the evening for supper and a Broadway show.

We had supper at Ellen's Stardust Diner.  What a blast that place was!  It has a great 50s feel to it and all of the waiters and waitresses take turns singing while they work. 






I didn't get a very impressive supper.  An appetizer platter of fried stuff.  I don't know what I was thinking.  The chicken empanadas and wings were good but just too much fried stuff. 







Ryan, our waiter, did a hilarious rendition of Jay-Zs "Empire State of Mind".  Also while we were there, American Idol was there interviewing 2 finalists that worked there!  So cool!

Then we headed to the Broadway show Wicked.  I had heard from several people that it was very good and it did not disappoint us!  It was alot funnier than I expected it to be.  I think the boys would have really liked it too. 


When we left the show the snow had just started and already the streets were covered white.  Thank goodness we only had to walk a couple of blocks back to our hotel!

No comments:

Post a Comment