Monday, December 6, 2010

Cocina Superior

I have just gotten terrible about taking my camera to restaurants so I've decided to talk about the restaurants I've visited whether I have pictures or not!

 Tonight we at at Cocina Superior over at Brookwood Mall.  We have eaten there before and I don't remember what I had except for the excellent churros!  That's why we went back!  I had 3 tacos on soft corn tortillas with a slow cooked beef brisket filling.  They topped it with queso fresco, which is a mild crumbly white cheese, tomatoes, and cilantro.  On the side was avocado,  pico de gallo, and rice.  It also came with a choice of soup, black bean or chicken tortilla.  I had the black bean and it was better than the tacos!  The tacos were ok but not great.  Oh, and their salsa is a little bit different than the bright red salsa you ususally get.  I think their salsa had fire roasted tomatoes and it was very good. 

Finally, the churros!  I love them!  Crispy fried donut sticks coated in cinnamon and sugar.  If that wasn't enough, they put caramel and chocolate sauce on the plate to dunk in!  Oh my word!  In the future, I'll get a cup of soup and churros and skip the entree.

No comments:

Post a Comment