Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Chocolate Pecan Pie Bars

This was my submission for our annual cookie swap this year.  It's a recipe I found in my Kraft Food & Family magazine.  At one time it was free magazine but now I think it costs about $10 a year for about 4 issues a year.  It's always full of several easy meal ideas and coupons. 

Anyway, we have been doing our cookie swap for about 6 yrs now.  I look forward to it every year.  My friend Emily had a great cranberry and orange cookie she found on All Recipes here.  Oh, and of course I forgot to take a picture of my cookie.

Chocolate Pecan Pie Bars

1c butter softened
2c flour
2c sugar
1/4t salt
1 1/2c light corn syrup
1 pkg Baker's semi sweet chocolate (8 squares)
4 eggs, beaten
1 1/2 t vanilla
2 1/2c chopped pecans

Preheat oven to 350.  Beat butter, flour, 1/2c sugar, and salt.  Press onto bottom of 15x10 pan sprayed with cooking spray.  Bake until 20 mins until lightly browned.  Microwave corn syrup and 6 chocolate squares for about 2 1/2 mins or until chocolate is melted, stirring halfway through.  Add remaining sugar, eggs, and vanilla and mix well.  Stir in nuts and pour over crust and spread.  Bake 35 mins or until filling is firm but still slightly soft in center.  Cool completely and then melt remaining chocolate and drizzle on top.

No comments:

Post a Comment