Thursday, September 30, 2010

Brunswick Stew

The church I grew up in back in Georgia has a big BBQ luncheon every year.  They make some great BBQ pork and I get a few frozen packs of it from my parents.  I pretty much use it just for this recipe now.  The BBQ meat I use is already sauced but it's not necessary.  This is great year around but very nice in the winter for "warm me up" comfort food.
Brunswick Stew

1lb smoked pork, chopped
1lb smoked chicken, chopped
1 small onion chopped
16 oz bag frozen niblet corn
16 oz bag frozen baby limas
28 oz can of diced tomatoes
2 cans of chicken broth
1/2 bottle of ketchup
1/4 c cider vinegar
1/4 c Worcestershire
1/4 c brown sugar
salt/pepper

Saute onions in 1 T oil in large pot.  Add all other ingredients and bring to a boil.  Reduce to a simmer for about 2 hrs.

No comments:

Post a Comment