Sunday, September 19, 2010

Beef Stroganoff

This is a recipe I found on the back of a bag of Ronzoni Healthy Harvest pasta.  I really didn't alter the recipe at all except for leaving out the mushrooms.  I love them but my family doesn't so I just saute them on the side and add them to my plate.  Sorry I don't have a picture.  I'll have to add that next time!

Beef Stroganoff

1 lb gr beef
1/2 c chopped onion
1 1/2 c water
2 beef bouillon cubes
1 T Worcestershire sauce
3 T AP flour
12 oz whole wheat egg noodles
16 oz sour cream
salt/pepper
Sauted mushrooms

Brown gr beef with onions in a large skillet.  Meanwhile, boil pasta according to package directions and drain.  Drain gr beef and add back to skillet.  Add water, bouillon, and Worcestshire and bring to a boil.  You can add the mushrooms here if you want them.  Add flour to sour cream and then add to skillet.  Bring mixture to a simmer but don't boil.  Add pasta and mix thoroughly coat.  Add salt and pepper to taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment