Saturday, August 28, 2010

Pasta Carbonara

I found this recipe when I was checking out the I Heart Publix website to make my shopping list.  She had posted it from the Our Family Eats website.  So there you go!  Two great websites to go check out!  This was a nice simple pasta dish.  We had ours with grilled chicken and salad and everyone loved it.  Sorry I don't have a picture.  I was feeling crummy that night and was thinking about taking pictures.

Pasta Carbonara

1 box thin spaghetti (I used whole wheat)
5 strips of bacon cut crosswise into strips
1T minced garlic
2 eggs
1c grated parmesan cheese
1/4 t black pepper

Cook pasta according to package directions but save pasta water. Saute bacon and add garlic being carefull not to burn the garlic.  Whisk eggs, cheese, and pepper together in a small bowl.  Once bacon and garlic is ready, add pasta and egg mixture.  Stir pasta frequently to coat with sauce and add pasta water 1/2 cup at a time until at desired consistency.  The heat of the pasta and the pasta water will cook the eggs.

No comments:

Post a Comment