Thursday, July 1, 2010

Cabbage Beef Soup

I'm posting my first recipe!!
This is a great soup recipe that my coworker Nancy developed. It was a hit with my husband and two boys. It is a great way to use up some extra cabbage and is very filling. We love soups and stews (even in July!) so I'm always eager to try a new one.
Normally cabbage isn't anything that I get very excited about but maybe now I will! It was great with mexican cornbread. Yum! Thanks Nancy!

Cabbage Beef Soup

1/2 head of cabbage, chopped
1/2 onion, chopped
1/2 lb. ground chuck, browned and drained
1 can kidney beans (I used light red)
1 can diced tomatoes
1 can condensed tomato soup
salt and pepper

Saute the cabbage and onion in the pot after browning your ground beef. Add a little water to help steam the cabbage and cook just until the cabbage is tender. Add a little salt and pepper at this step. Add the beef, beans, tomatoes, soup, and 1/2 or 1 can of water to the pot. Bring to a boil and simmer for 10-20 mins. Taste for seasoning and add salt and pepper as needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment