Thursday, June 30, 2011

Fruity Baked Oatmeal

I came about this recipe searching for a crockpot oatmeal recipe.  I found several but all of them said that the oatmeal burned if it cooked past 5 hours.  I don't have a programmable crockpot so I won't be doing crockpot oatmeal anytime soon.

Fortunately, instead, I found this great recipe on Taste of Home's website.  You can view the recipe on their website here.  I was afraid that this recipe would result in a dense gummy oatmeal but it was suprisingly light.  I think the baking powder keeps it from becoming dense.  It is a little dry but I think that makes it perfect for topping with milk.  The leftovers were delicious as well.  The second time I made it I cut back a little on the butter and brown sugar by about 1/3 and I didn't see a noticeable difference.


Fruity Baked Oatmeal

3c quick cooking oates
1c brown sugar
2t baking powder
1t salt
1/2t cinnamon
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1c milk
1 stick butter melted
3/4 c chopped, peeled apple
1/3c chopped peaches
1/3c blueberries

In a large bowl combine the first 5 ingredients.  Add the next 3 and mix well.  Add the fruit and pour into a 8 inch square baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350 for 35-40 mins or until a knife inserted into the middle comes out clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment