Monday, September 13, 2010

Splenda Apple Pie

I have had a really hard time finding No Sugar Added apple pies in the freezer section or bakery at my grocery stores.  It is my husband's favorite dessert but he is diabetic so we have to go for the no sugar added variety.  This is Splenda's recipe that I've modified a little.  Here is their original recipe.  I don't think anyone can tell that it's made with Splenda.  Sorry there's no picture.  I'll add it the next time a bake one.

Splenda Apple Pie

2 refrigerated pie crusts
7 c peeled and sliced apples (I use Granny Smiths)
1t lemon juice
1 c Splenda
3 T cornstarch
1 t apple pie spice blend (I use a Cinnamon Blend from Pampered Chef)
1/4 t salt

Combine apples and lemon juice.  Add remaining ingredients and toss to thoroughly coat.  Fill pie crust and top with remaining pie crust.  Crimp edges and cut a few slits in the top for venting.  I lightly spray the top of my pie with butter cooking spray.  Bake at 425 for 40-50 mins.

No comments:

Post a Comment