Monday, July 5, 2010

The Bright Star Restuarant


Wow!  Why has it taken me this long to finally go to this local landmark?  What a wonderful meal and a wonderful atmosphere.  This restaurant has been in Bessemer, Al since 1907.  Jimmy Koikos, one of the owners, greeted us at the door and once he learned that we were first timers, he treated everyone to a cup of their famous gumbo.  Unfortunately, since I have seafood allergies I didn't get to try it but my parents and Bill said that it was delicious.  I did, however, get to experience their wonderful beef tenderloin cooked "Greek style".  They marinate their steak in olive oil, lemon juice, and oregano for 2-3 hrs before broiling it.  It was fork tender and so delicious! 

We finished everything off by sharing a bowl of their bread pudding with whiskey sauce.  It was very light and creamy.  I will definitely be visiting The Bright Star again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment