Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Bacon Wrapped Chicken

I love this chicken recipe!  It is so simple but sooo tasty!  I buy my chicken tenders in the big 5lb pack at Sam's and then portion them into 1lb Ziploc bags for the freezer.  They thaw out so quickly from the freezer so I don't have to worry if I forget to get my meat thawing in the fridge the day before.  Then I just open up the bag, pour in my marinade, and close it back up until I'm ready to cook.  The marinade I use for this recipe is Kraft's Vidalia Onion Vinaigrette.  Its pretty good as a salad dressing but its great as a marinade!  In fact its the best way to use up that odd bottle of dressing left in the fridge.  Wrapping the chicken in bacon is just the finishing touch. ;)  Hope you'll give this a try.  You won't be disappointed!

Bacon Wrapped Chicken

1lb chicken tenders (about 6 tenders)
1/2 c salad vinaigrette (I used Kraft's Vidalia Onion Vinaigrette)
bacon, 1 slice per piece of chicken
toothpicks

Marinate your chicken for 30 min or longer.  Skewer the end of a strip of bacon to the end of a chicken tender.  Wrap the bacon down the chicken in a spiral fashion.  Skewer the other end of the bacon to the chicken to secure it.  Grill the chicken on medium heat (350) for about 6 min on each side or until done.  Let the meat rest for about 5 min before removing the skewers.

No comments:

Post a Comment